Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Well, I'm back. It's been pretty busy lately (as usual), but yesterday took the cake. I had to go to Campobello Island for work (at the border crossing) to do the server rebuild from Hell. What I hoped was only going to be a couple of hours turned into about eight. It was as if nothing could possibly go right. But, all that being said, I finally got the thing up and working. Whew! But, I did get to go for a drive and got out of the office. I even got to travel through the town of Lubec, in Maine, which is the Easternmost town in the U.S.!! You have to actually travel though part of Maine to get to Campobello Island, as it is down the coast a little from New Brunswick. In the Summer, it is very scenic, but the weather yesterday stunk. Rain, fog and winds were on all through the day.

What is interesting about Campobello is that it is the home of the Roosevelt Campobello International Park, which is where FDR had his Summer home. It is jointly administered by Canada and the US.

You know it's only a week and two days until my vacation? Well, it is!! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home