Monday, March 29, 2004

To alleviate Tuna's boredom with sleeping hamsters, I mean bloggers, I thought I should make a post.

Although one of the things that P's me off the most is people who drink and drive, I have new reason to be annoyed. A drunk driver has messed up my PC!! Let me explain... On Friday night, while innocently participating in HT chat, a brief power failure caused my PC to reboot, and then it failed again for a second - causing another reboot right away. Turns out that that night a drunk driver had run into a utility pole a few miles away and caused a power failure in the immediate area and brief brownouts further away. Anyway...... Now my PC will not boot properly, but rather gets a BSoD (blue screen of death) everytime, unless I use the "Last Known Good" configuration menu. I can still get into my computer, but I will likely have to rebuild WinXP from scratch... Hmm. Maybe this is a good time to go ahead with a new hard drive and the dual boot Linux/XP setup that I've been thinking about.... and maybe a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) to go along with it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home