Thursday, March 18, 2004

I thought I should do a post to catch everyone up on what has been happening the last few days. Well... not much. I have been pretty busy, but mostly just with work and doing some freelance computer consulting that I do on the side. Thank goodness the Active Directory course is behind me, but that being said, I think I have actually retained of few of its major points, so perhaps it wasn't totally worthless after all.

On the weekend I went for a walk in Saint John's large municipal park, Rockwood Park.

It is really one of Saint John's gems, a very nice park where you can do hiking or even pretty challenging mountain biking on some of their trails. I just hiked along one of the main trails though, and there is still enough snow on the ground that the walking was a real good workout! It was a beautiful day, sunny and (fairly) warm. There were lots of people out though!

Here's a picture of a covered bridge which is not too far from where I live (about 10 min drive away). It was built in 1914, but is no longer used as a traffic brdge (they built a new concrete bridge beside it) but you can still walk or bike over it. There are a lot of covered bridges in New Brunswick, and most of them are still used. In the "old days", they used to be called "kissing bridges" because as you rode your carriage through it, it was an opportunity to steal a smooch from your loved one....



Quote of the day? Hmmm... How about:

"Walk on a rainbow trail; walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail." --Navajo Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home