Sunday, March 07, 2004

Well, I was trying to think of something else to write in here, and as TV has suggested, will probably have a complete travelogue eventually. But for now I'm throwing in a couple more pictures from my Oct. hike..

Here's a nice close up of damsel fly..


Also, a nice one of a formation viewed from the North Kaibab trail. I think this is a morning picture...


I guess I'm supposed to record my thoughts or daily experiences here, but to be honest, my life isn't all that interesting. I used to (try) to keep a handwritten journal, but after a couple of months that kind of fell by the wayside. Maybe this will be different! One thing that I would like is to keep these entries positive - maybe I'll even throw in an inspirational quote now and again! There's really enough negativity in the world that I feel ill disposed to pass any more of it around. I will keep it all in reserve for my one outlet of disdain - reality show contestants! ;)

Anyway, here's a good quote that I always thought was rather cool - it expresses my thoughts, and experiences, exactly:

"I am in love with this world. I have nestled lovingly in it. I have climbed its mountains, roamed its forests, sailed its waters, crossed its deserts, felt the sting of its frosts, the oppression of its heats, the drench of its rains, the fury of its winds, and always have beauty and joy waited upon my goings and comings." - John Burroughs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home