Friday, October 27, 2006

Oct 27, 2005 - Phakding to Lukla



Today was a short trek from Phakding to Lukla. I wasn't feeling too well this morning as this was the worst day of my cold. Freya gave me a cold tablet which worked well - almost TOO well - it works like Contac C, so I feel kind of stoned. We arrived in Lukla to improving weather, so the planes are flying, which is a good sign.

The hike was only about 3 hours, so we were in Lukla for lunch. I had some good onions and an odd grilled cheese. For the afternoon, we went for a walk and went to watch a plane take off, then we went and played snooker with Gambu and Kamal. It seemed odd playing snooker with chickens clucking outside. I had a nap this afternoon (to shake off the narcotics) and now we're sitting down to supper. (Pizza and tomato soup - we'll see how that turns out!)

Saw Sherpa coin trick and thinking about Gambu's caterpillar question - 1st caterpiller says 3 behind, 2nd says 2 behind, Third says 1 behind, but the fourth says four behind. Why?

(I'll tell you tomorrow)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home