Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Oct 24, 2005 - Gorak Shep to Orchos



I didn't go to Kala Pattar this morning, since no one else wanted to go. However, in the end, it was a good thing, since I was feeling terrible and was anxious to get to a lower elevation. I had to terrible feeling of malaise, which I attributed to the altitude and to a cold which seems to be worsening. I have had sniffles all day and now feel generally terrible. It was a fairly easy walk today back to Orchos, though. However, it was very windy and I think that bothered me even more. It does feel good to get down to a lower elevation, though. I am looking forward to having a hot shower and clean clothes in Namche. I wish I had something more inspiring to write. If anyone ever reads this besides me, I'm sure it is a terrible disappointment - It's more to jog my own memory than anything else. I do find myself today missing a lot of things from home - family, Bart, even my Jeep. Only another week, I suppose...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home