Saturday, November 04, 2006

Epilogue



I just wanted to add a few final thoughts about the trip to Nepal and my recent travelogue. This trip was the "experience of a lifetime" for me. Unlike most vacations, it actually changed forever my view of the world and my place in it. It was truly amazing and edifying to be exposed to such new and different cultures and I really feel that I came away from it a better person. Reliving it through my journal entries and these blog postings over the last few weeks has been a great experience for me, and has helped me remember and reflect back on the things I learned. It's interesting that as wonderful as the scenery may appear to be, when I look at these pictures it is the faces of my friends, old and new, to which my eye is drawn. I consider myself so fortunate to have shared the experience with two close friends, and as well to have met people on the trip that are some of the best travelling companions ever!

I want to thank everyone that has been reading these postings, too - I know they probably weren't very inspiring, but to me they mean a lot.

Thank you for sharing the experience with me while I lived it all over again.

Now, for the next big trip.... Mt. Kinabalu in Borneo, the Inca Trail, or the Annapurna region of Nepal.. choices, choices....

1 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger GreenTuna said...

Can't find your email address, so I hope you get this. I read this blog entry and of course, thought of you:

http://www.vagabondish.com/nepal-says-no-more-strippers-on-mount-everest/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home