Saturday, October 02, 2004

A Voice from the Dead

Hello? Is there anyone still out there? Have you given up on me ever posting again? Well, have no fear - Gforce is back! Well, for now, anyway....

Sorry for taking so long to post anything - it's been busy and I just haven't had the motivation. *sighs*

Anyway, tomorrow I am looking forward to going to New Hamshire for a final major hike of the year. This is the last week that the AMC huts are going to be open until June, so I am going down to spend one night at the AMC's Highland Centre, and on Monday am hiking up the Falling Waters trail and on to Greenleaf Hut for the second night. Then out the Old Bridle Path and then home. Maybe. If the weather's nice, I might just stay down there one more day.

I have done this hike before as a day hike and also as an overnighter at the hut, but always in the opposite direction. This time should be particularly beautiful since Fall foliage is at it's peak in NH right now. That is, if the weather is nice - which it often isn't on the summits. Don't worry, I will take all my wintery gear with me!

Unfortunately, I will be travelling alone as all my friends are either busy or disinterested. Oh well, more time to ponder the beauty I suppose.

I will have a full trip report when I get back!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home