Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Bryce Canyon

After we picked up our car at Marble Canyon, we headed North up to Bryce Canyon and stayed over night at a cool B&B in Tropic, Utah (a little town of about 400 people.) The next day we headed over to the park and did a little sightseeing. I have to say it is one of the coolest areas I have ever seen. The formations in the canyon are "hoodoos" or tall spires of rock that have been eroded out of the surrounding stone. They almost look artificial. The park's web site has some other cool pictures. Here's another couple of cool shots.

We also did a day hike down into the canyon a bit. I was cool - I will have pics of that up on my next entry.

At the end of the day, we headed over to Zion Canyon NP which I have been to before, but the other two had not. It once again is a completely different type of scenery from either the Grand Canyon or Bryce. As we got to the hotel, the moon was just rising over the cliffs.

The next day would be a great hike up the Angel's Landing Trail. It was skeery!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home